Hi all! Hoping September is greeting everyone with health and well being after this hectic and uncertain summer. Rose and I are so lucky to have had such a wonderful staff and client base as we navigated our new way of working this season. With how much more hands on our staff had to be this year we noticed more and more customers wishing to give them tips - something we'd never accepted in the past, and were hesitant to begin taking. So we found what we think is a happy medium for everyone: donations to local charities with a small portion put aside for end of season bonuses for our staff. So far this season, through the generosity of our customers - that's YOU! - we've raised nearly $4000.
Charities change weekly and we've sent donations to:
- Island Food Pantry (featured once a month)
- CONNECT To End Violence
- Pathways Center for the Arts
- Permanent Endowment Fund of Martha's Vineyard for MVRHS Scholarships
- Animal Shelter of Martha's Vineyard
- Camp Jabberwocky
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod and the Islands
- Martha's Vineyard Community Services
- Built On Stilts Community Dance Festival
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) of Cape Cod and the Islands
If there is a local organization you'd like to see featured we'd love to hear from you! You can email me directly at Lexi@northtisburyfarm.com with your suggestions.
Rose and Lexi